The Malta Business Bureau (MBB) is the EU-business advisory organisation for The Malta Chamber and the Malta Hotels and Restaurants Association, with offices in Malta and Brussels.
The MBB is seeking to recruit an EU Policy Executive to liaise with Maltese businesses on EU Policy and coordinate relevant feedback. The Executive will report to the Head of Brussels Operations. The post is for a full-time, indefinite contract based in Malta. The selected candidate shall be mentored, and training shall be provided.
The applicant must possess the following:
- a recognised University degree (NQF Level 6 qualification) in European Studies, Public Policy and/or related areas
- sound knowledge on the functioning of the European Union
- good understanding on other areas such as Law and Economics is considered an asset
- good presentation skills, public speaking, and proficient writing in both Maltese and English
- have a strong work ethic, and a professional attitude
- organised, able to multitask and work under minimum supervision
Functions and Responsibilities
- To analyse and communicate developments in a range of EU policy areas
- To coordinate consultations, gather feedback and draft reports / position papers on EU legislative proposals
- To liaise with the MBB’s parent organisations, i.e. The Malta Chamber and the Malta Hotels and Restaurants Association
- To provide advisory support on ad hoc requests by Maltese businesses on EU policy issues
- Organise online and offline events such as conferences, seminars, and information sessions
- Represent the MBB in relevant meetings both in Malta and in Brussels as necessary
- Perform any other duties as instructed and/or assigned by the CEO
Any queries and/or applications accompanied by a detailed Europass CV and motivation letter that clearly identifies the candidate’s background and knowledge on EU affairs, should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of the Malta Business Bureau on firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 16th March 2022.