The Malta Business Foundation (MBF) is the controller of your personal data. We may be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on +356 2125 1719.
Should you wish to contact us by mail or visit our office, our postal address is:
Malta Business Bureau,
Triq Dun Karm,
- The MBF is fully committed towards the protection and confidentiality of your personal data. To this end, we comply with applicable data protection legislation on the collection, storing and processing of personal data.
- All personal data collected is used by the MBF to disseminate information and opportunities relating to our business-support services, including EU funding and policy developments. More specifically, the users will receive communications relating to publications, events, position papers, EU funding opportunities and projects. As such, the only personal data we collect, process and store is that which is provided by you and by which we will use to contact you, namely: your name, your entity’s name and your function within that entity, your email address, and your telephone number. Should you wish to receive Business Agenda, the MBF’s free quarterly publication, we
- We may also collect your IP address automatically as you interact with our website. This is in the interest of ensuring that there is no malicious use of the website and maximum protection to your data.
- We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- Our website and material is not targeted to children and we do not knowingly collect the personal data of children. If you learn that your child has provided us with their personal data without your consent, email us: email@example.com or call us: +356 2125 1719 and we will immediately take remedial action.
- This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- We keep your data for the time necessary to accomplish the objectives pursued (see point 2). Once this goal is achieved, we either delete or anonymize them. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose which is not explicitly stated within this privacy notice.
- Any personal information collected online or offline by the MBF will not be sold, rented, loaned, traded or leased. Likewise, the MBF will not share any personal information without the prior written consent of the user.
- You may, at any time, request to verify, access, rectify, delete, transfer and object to the use of your data, as well as request the limitation of such use of your data. To do so, simply send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +356 21251 719. We will then make every effort to take the requested action as soon as possible.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right mentioned in point 11. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- You are also informed that you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in Malta.